- Development proposed for Ascension will look and feel like a suburb of Calgary.
- Substantial increases to traffic and activity levels all contribute to added noise, light and air pollution.
- The degraded environmental quality, specifically from traffic congestion and emissions, will cause long-term, harmful impacts – mostly irreversible – causing harm to surrounding communities, people, and environment.
- The Marketplace will create significant noise 24/7 with large volumes of traffic, noise, and pollution every day and late in the evenings.
- Why is Ascension so grossly out of character for our Bearspaw community?
- Marketplace mechanical equipment noise, light pollution, and other mall operations will be highly intrusive and impactful on our communities, our rural nature, and our natural dark-sky directive for communities such as Blueridge Estates.
- Development must ensure dark sky principles are incorporated when developing a new area.
- Will this project increase or decrease the livability of your community?
Communities are more than just a place you call home, it is a place where we live, play and be with our neighbors. Will the increased density of traffic, commercial activity adds to or take away from these qualities.
- With a significant increase in light pollution, noise pollution, and vehicle exhaust pollution, our physical and mental health is affected. There is a good reason why we choose to live in the country.