- Local schools are currently at capacity.
- Estimated an additional 750 school aged children from this development will attend our local school.
- Any dedicated reserve land is not large enough for a school or community building.
- Reserve land is narrow ribbons of land between blocks of residential lots.
- The natural open space along the ravine and lands bordering the stormwater pond will be made into a park space.
- Why is Ascension not providing a large parcel for a school site or a community building or for a playing field?
- Will there be a financial contribution for the expansion of the existing schools?
- Local schools are currently at capacity with large class sizes. There are no provisions to accommodate more students without jeopardizing the quality of education.
- The Ascension developer suggests that an expansion to the existing Bearspaw School or a new school is not warranted, but with a +2,350 people residential area and the average demographic of this population being ⅓ school aged children or +750 school aged children, this is a serious concern and a significant oversight.
The developer must provide financial support for the expansion of the Bearspaw School or build a new school.